Will the degree disappear? And since the majority of jobs do not require postsecondary degrees, is there another way to acquire and prove qualifications? Will incubators replace universities? Over $100 Billion of equity value has been created through incubators and bootcamps over the last few years – while billions more have traded hands in systems to record skills. Can we capture information learned outside of traditional school and evaluate it? Can suppliers to the job market deliver on their promises?
Everyone loves the idea of a Rosetta Stone that follows the learner across her life and translates her learning into whatever context was necessary — but we seem to be a long way off. Why? The technology is there? Will this work? If so,who will own it? Employers, Higher Ed? Government?
- Goldie Blumenstyk*, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Monica Herk, VP, Conference Board
- Fiona Hollands, Researcher, Columbia Teachers College
- Beth Doyle, VP Learning Counts, CAEL
- Regis Chasse, Learning & Talent Executive, Capgemini
- Rebekah Rombom, VP of Career Services and Business Development, Flatiron School